Funny Car Class Drag Racing Rules:
Note: Track power is supplied at 24 volts dc.
Funny Car Drag Class Body Rules
- Body must be a funny car design (AFX ‘Cuda/Grand Am, Tyco, Mead Bros., etc) adding screw posts is legal. Body may be lightened to a minimum of 3.0 grams but not weigh less than 3.0 grams when weighed with the body screws NOT in the body. Two screws must be used to attach the body to the JL chassis.
Funny Car Drag Class Chassis Rules
- Johnny Lightning Thunderjet 500 chassis
- Chassis boiling or dyeing is allowed.
- Stock Johnny Lightning 3-lam motor (gold wire with green metal lam): can be balanced/air-gapped/comm plate may be cleaned up on lathe. No de-winding or timing changes allowed.
- Any readily-available aftermarket silicone/foam tires may be used – any size allowed (black colored only). Hubs must be painted silver/aluminum or inserts added for realistic look.
- Pickup shoe braids allowed that don't exceed the overall length of the JL pickup shoe.
- Johnny Lightning top plate and stock Johnny Lightning gears must be used, gears may be lapped in.
- Johnny Lightning motor brushes only.
- Stock location of factory motor brushes must be maintained. No brush cups allowed.
- Johnny Lightning motor magnets only (blue/white). No Auto World motor magnets (dark blue/white) allowed.
- Wheelie bar(s) allowed - must not conduct between the power rails
- Traction magnet(s) allowed. They must be attached to the bottom of the chassis.
- Front axle/wheels of any design may be used but all 4 wheels must touch track when car is placed on the starting line. Axle may be a divorced setup to give proper/realistic dimensions to the body.
- One stock or aftermarket guide pin can be used & must be mounted in stock location. No blade-type guide pins. Guide pin may be glued/bonded to the chassis.