Gasser Class Drag Racing Rules:
Note: Track power is supplied at 24 volts dc.
Gasser Drag Class Body Rules
- Body must attach to the chassis via the two screws in the stock location.
- Grinding/lightening the body is legal - no minumum body weight.
Gasser Drag Class Chassis Rules
- Johnny Lightning Thunderjet 500 chassis or stock Aurora Thunderjet copper plated chassis.
- Chassis boiling or dyeing is allowed.
- Commercially available two-lam motor with copper comm plate no lower than 5.8 ohms (ie - Aurora Mean Green motor) is legal. No custom wound motors. Motor can be balanced/air-gapped/comm plate may be surfaced on lathe. No de-winding or timing changes allowed.
- Any readily-available aftermarket silicone/foam tires may be used – any size (black colored only). Hubs must be painted silver/aluminum or inserts added for realistic appearance.
- Pickup shoe braids allowed but length of braid must not exceed the overall length of pickup shoe.
- Shunts from pickup shoe to chassis plates allowed.
- Stock gears for the chassis utilized must be used (no aftermarket lightened or hollowback gears allowed), gears may be lapped in.
- Any commercially available motor brushes allowed.
- Stock location of factory motor brushes must be maintained. No brush cups allowed.
- Johnny Lightning stock motor magnets (blue/white) or Auto World motor magnets (dark blue/white) or any combination thereof is allowed.
- Wheelie bar(s) allowed - must not conduct between the power rails.
- Traction magnet(s) allowed. They must be attached to the bottom of the chassis.
- Front axle/wheels of any design may be used but all 4 wheels must touch track.
- One stock or aftermarket guide pin can be used & must be mounted in stock location. No blade-type guide pins allowed. Guide pin may be glued/bonded to the chassis.