Pro Mod Class Drag Racing Rules:
Note: Track power is supplied at 24 volts dc.
Pro Mod Drag Class Body Rules
- Body must be a Pro Mod design adding screw posts to a custom made body is legal. Body may be lightened to a minimum of 3.0 grams but not weigh less than 3.0 grams when weighed with the body screws NOT in the body.
- Any custom made body is legal provided it has a forward facing blower sticking out from the hood in front of the windshield and the body has been modified with a proper Pro Mod looking wing on the rear trunk deck area. Mead brothers bodies are legal provided they are painted and decaled.
Pro Mod Drag Class Chassis Rules
- Johnny Lightning Thunderjet 500 chassis
- Chassis boiling or dyeing is allowed.
- Stock Johnny Lightning 3-lam motor (gold wire with green metal lam): can be balanced/air-gapped/comm plate may be surfaced on lathe. No de-winding or timing changes of motor are allowed.
- Any readily-available aftermarket silicone/foam tires may be used – any diameter allowed (black colored only). Hubs must be painted silver/aluminum or inserts added for realistic look
- Pickup shoe braids allowed but must not exceed the overall length of pickup shoe.
- Johnny Lightning top plate and stock Johnny Lightning plastic gears must be used, gears may be lapped in.
- Johnny Lightning motor brushes only.
- Stock location of factory motor brushes must be maintained. No brush cups allowed.
- Johnny Lightning motor magnets only (blue/white). No Auto World motor magnets (dark blue/white) allowed.
- Wheelie bar(s) allowed - must not conduct between the power rails.
- Traction magnet(s) allowed. They must be attached to the bottom of the chassis.
- Front axle/wheels of any design may be used but all four wheels must touch track when car is placed at the starting line. Axle may be a divorced setup to give proper/realistic dimensions to the body.
- One stock or aftermarket guide pin can be used & must be mounted in stock location. No blade-type guide pins allowed. Guide pin may be glued/bonded to the chassis.