Stock Class Drag Racing Rules:'Note: Track power is supplied at 13.8 volts dc.
Stock Drag Class Body Rules
- Stock Aurora, Johnny Lightning, Auto World, Furuli or Mead Brothers body, any year(s) up through 1970. No cutting of the fender wells, bumpers or thinning of the body material. The body posts may be trimmed but once mounted on the chassis the body posts must be in contact with the chassis once both screws are in place (no gap between the post and chassis once mounted). Basically - no body mods at all (except for rule # 2 for window(s) and/or bumper(s) when painting the body & body post length trimming).
- Painting & decaling the bodies is allowed. Window(s) and/or bumper(s) may be removed to facilitate painting however the plastic stub that the window(s) and/or bumper(s) orients onto must still be attached to the body. The portion that needs to be ground off to remove the window(s) and/or bumper(s) may be ground off permanently. Super glue or a soldering iron may be used to re-attach the window(s) and/or bumper(s) to the body.
- Two metal screws will be used to mount the body to the chassis. Screws can be made of any metallic material. Screws can have a flat head to aid in track clearance.
- No adding ballast or weighting of the body or chassis is allowed.
Stock Drag Class Chassis Rules
- Stock Aurora Thunderjet copper chassis only. No cutting, sanding or grinding of the chassis or gears is permitted. Aurora Tuff-One chassis (silver plated) are not permitted.
- Chassis may be boiled and/or baked but not dyed.
- Stock factory gears & gearing ratio must be maintained (polishing & lapping of gears allowed but no thinning of gears). Gear teeth count: Armature Pinion gear-14 teeth / Idler gear-24 teeth / Driven gear-24 teeth & underside Drive Pinion gear-9 teeth / Crown gear-15 teeth. All top plate gears must be made of brass and be the original Aurora gears. The Crown gear must be the original Aurora plastic 15 tooth gear. The minimum thickness of any top plate gear is .0475". Any of the gears and/or axles may be shimmed.
- Stock Aurora copper wire motor only (gold, red, green or "Christmas tree" wire two-lam gray colored arm) measuring no less than 16.0 ohms at each pole at 70 degrees room temp. If need be, the motor will be ohmed when it has not been run for at least 30 minutes and has cooled down to 70 degrees room temp. Motor must remain untouched (no balancing/air-gapping/de-winding/soldering), the comm plate may be gently cleaned up but not surfaced on a lathe.
- Top plate will be held in place by stock Aurora gear plate clamp anchored on both sides into chassis.
- Stock Aurora, stock copper replacement Wizzard or JB Thunderbrush motor brushes only (no notching or re-shaping of motor brushes is allowed). No silver motor brushes allowed.
- Adjusting the motor brush springs (performance tuning) for more/less tension is allowed.
- Stock location of factory motor brushes must be maintained. No brush cups allowed.
- Stock Aurora motor magnets only (orange/green, black/black with white stripe or green/white or any combination thereof).
- No shimming or gluing of motor magnets into the chassis.
- Stock Aurora pickup shoes (step may be tweaked to allow step to lay flat on rail but the original shape of the pickup shoe must remain stock looking). Stock Aurora pickup shoe springs may be altered, stretched or cut shorter to facilitate in aiding the car to launch properly. No braids/shunts on pickup shoes or chassis.
- Stock Aurora car axles and stock Aurora chrome-plated plastic hubs only (the portion of hub that the tire pushes onto may be trued but not the inner flange portion). No Aurora truck/hot rod hubs or wide truck/hot rod axles.
- Wizzard stock t-jet tires (black in color) (part # - PVT-03) will be used on the rear hubs. Any and/or all tires may be glued onto the stock hubs - no sanding of the rear tires to narrow or to change the outer diameter. No adding clear silicone to the contact patch/outside edge of the tires. No soaking the tires in any solution to change their softness.
- Stock Aurora rubber front tires must be used – they may be trued but not to less than .370" outer diameter.
- Must use stock short or long wheel base front axle holes.
- One stock or aftermarket guide pin of any length can be used & must be mounted in stock location. Beveling of screw hole in guide pin allowed. No blade-type guide pins will be allowed. Guide pin may be glued/bonded to the chassis.
- No wheelie bar(s) or traction control device(s) of any kind will be allowed.
- All four wheels of the car must be in contact with the track when car is placed on the starting line.
Basically this class is a stock chassis with designated aftermarket motor brushes and rear tires. All other stock parts must be just that - stock Aurora. With above exceptions, no parts may be trimmed shorter, thinner, lighter or smaller than any other competitor's car.